Tuesday 21 January 2014

Re-Submission

I have considered to re-submit my AS coursework, as I am not happy with the grade I achieved.

I have looked at my blog from my music magazine, and these are my current thoughts of how I could've improved.

Front Page Analysis
After looking at my front cover I have realised there is too much white space, that I could've filled in with more images and writing. Also I have not included enough images, as I have only used the same artist on the front cover and I shouldve included more artists. Another thought is that the main image is slightly distorted as her face seems too long for an actual head. The main image is also edited badly around her hair as it looks pixelated around the edges. Apart from the title of the magazine and the name of the artist I haven't used a variety of different fonts. Also the bar code is too big for the page, as it is taking up too much space and is distracting the main focus of the page.


Contents Page Analysis
Once looking at the contents page I created I noticed how badly it was made, I feel I rushed this page and didnt spend enough time on it as there are many things I could've done to improve it. I feel that there is far too much space and that I could've added a lot more images, writing, and information. Also the bottom two images look faily similar with the pose they were both doing, even though they are edited differently; also one was a poster and a album cover. I also feel the two left images are bad quality and wasn't taken in a professional studio with a background and studio lighting. Once again I stuck to mainly the same font, and I should've experimented with different styles.

                                                       

Double Page Spread Analysis
With the double page spread the main image was edited badly as it is extremely pixelated and not very clear; her hair also has the background still on it, which isn't white so it shows up on the white background. I also feel I could have added more of the interview, because I used large font. Once again I mainly stuck to the same style font so I need to try more of a variation of fonts, to make the page more appealing towards my target audience. I also feel I could have added more colour into the double page spread as there is a lot of white, with plain black text and it seems very plain and unexciting.

                                          


No comments:

Post a Comment