Thursday 31 January 2013

Edited Photographs

These are the edited pictures for my music magazine. 
This picture will be used as the front cover image as the model is looking directly at the camera which makes it look like she is interacting with the audience and connecting with them. This will draw the audience more to the magazine because they will feel more connected and comfortable with the model. When editing the image I decide to keep the edit simple but effective by making her stand out more and enhance the colours. I also thought that because the image is shot as a mid-shot it will be more affective.

This image will be used for the double page spread as it will be used for an interview with the model who is posing as a new upcoming female solo artist. I thought this image would work well for the double page spread because if I put the image to the right hand side and enlarged it I could have the writing around the outline of the models body, which would give a good design and affect. It would also work because of the way the model is positioned it would make it appear as if she was looking at the interview or looking over it bcause she is strong enough to overcome what people will throw at her. I kept the edit simple without changing much but making the model stand out more and enhancing the colour and boldness of the image. 

This is the album cover I have created for my female artist. As you can see the female artists name is Vixen and the album name is Spiteful. With this image the model is presented as a strong, fierce and spiteful character which fits in with the album name. Whilst editing this image I decide to keep the image dull colours (black and white) however I kept her lips red becuase it connotes danger, power and anger. I think this edit works well for the album cover because it's simple but powerful enough to stand out and represent the models charatcer as the upcoming female artist.

This image I used for a poster, this image was from my second photo shoot. I liked this image because she's smiling into the distance, she's not looking at the camera so it could connote her smiling at the future or the past. The way I edited this image creates a poster style, it also is darker around the edges creating the model to stand out more and be brighter. 

1 comment:

  1. Jess, you have taken 44 photos, posted 8 and it looks like you have only selected 2? Remember you need at least 4 original images so I would suggest you select at least 2 more, try to add variety plus remember your front cover and contents page will need a variety of images too.

    EJ

    ReplyDelete