Wednesday 13 February 2013

Creating the Front Page


This is the first draft I have created for my front page. It has been designed breifly to give me a rough idea of where the layout will be and what needs to be included. The big box in the middle would be were I will include my front cover image, the image will come from the photoshoot I have done previously.

This is the second draft of the front page, I have added the main image and included the title. I have added an extra strip on the top of my magazine to include the skyline. The two bottom boxes will be used to show the posters that will be in the magazine later on for the audience, so they know what free product that they are getting in the magazine, which will encourage they audience to buy the magazine. I have also included the bar code, with the price, magazine issue and date underneath. 

In this draft of my magazine I have added more boxes for things that I need to include to remember. Also instead of having the poster boxes tilted I have made them straight, next to each other and added a text box on top. This will make the magazine more professional.


In this print screen it shows that I have started to incorporate the colour scheme into the magazine. It also shows how I have added a poster in the bottom left corner. I have also made the title as long as the page because it will make it bolder, and it will stand out more. Vixen's signature name style has been added to the magazine as well to show that the main cover image is her. 

I have started to add more text and detail to my magazine now, to draw the audience in more. I've included the writing for the skyline and the other conventions needed on a magazine. With the extra writing the magazine is starting to come together and look more like an actual magazine. I have decided to only use one poster on my front page, as two would take up too much room, and one poster looks just as effective as two would. I have also added a sell line at the bottom off the front page. 

 By adding more text to the front cover it makes it more dramatic and interesting to look at, which will grab the audiences attention. I've added some text (anchorage text) to go on a tilt to make it more eye grabbing, also it fits in with the image well, because it doesn't cover the models face, instead it fits next to it. Underneath the title of the magazine I've added a slogan, ''VOTED BEST ROCK MAGAZINE 2012".

I have gone for the clean, crisp and minimalistic look. The magazine that inspired me for the same minimalistic look and target audience was UNCUT. This is my final version of the front page. I have added more sell lines on the right hand side of the magazine, to show the readers more information about what else will be included in the magazine. I changed the words 'BEST' and 'NEW' to red to make them bolder so they will stand out, they will also grab the audiences attention. 



1 comment:

  1. This is coming along much better, Jess - I hope it's the sign of more to come!

    Are you able to justify your decision to only have one main cover line?

    ReplyDelete