Sunday 24 February 2013

Interview used for the double page spread


VIXEN is the new upcoming artist and she is hot on the scene. Everyone is getting excited over her new album coming up. VIXEN has fully grabbed the attention of our readers from PARANOIA. So we got her to come down for an interview to tell our readers about the new album and how she started, with our one and only Hayley James.
H: VIXEN thank you so much for coming in today.
V: It’s my pleasure thank you for inviting me. I’ve always wanted to come do an interview for PARANOIA, it’s my favourite magazine, and I’ve been reading it for years now.
H: Really? That’s great; well I’m glad you came today. So let’s start with your new album coming out.
V: Yeah I’m so excited for everyone to hear it. I’ve been working on it for months and months.
H: So why did you name it SPITEFUL? Seems very different to you, you seem like such a sweet kind person.
V: *laughs* Well VIXEN means spiteful, quarrelsome and malicious women and even though I’m a ‘’nice’’ girl I have my evil side like every other person. My mum use to call me VIXEN when I was angry or having a bad day because I would just turn on everyone, so when I started singing VIXEN seemed like the best name. So when it came to my album my most famous song was SPITEFUL and it just seemed to fit the album. Most of my songs are quite strong and meaningful.
H: I heard that you wrote all your songs? What are most of your songs about?
V: Well you heard correct I do write all my songs, ill lock myself away for hours sometimes even days to get a song perfect. I usually get motivated to write a song, or I’ll get an idea from a song when I’m being spiteful or just over a something I’ve noticed that I disagree with.
H: What do you mean?
V: Well say if you’ve just had an argument or you witness something that you’re strongly against. That’s when I’ll get inspiration for a song, for example I was watching the news one day and the main headline was of a women getting raped then killed. This poor women only lived a few miles away from me, and I realised it could’ve been someone I knew or loved, and it got me really angry, I couldn't focus on anything else apart from that fact.
H: Is that song on your album?
V: Yeah, it’s called ‘’Blocks Away’’.
H: I’ve heard that song, it’s very strong. Are all your songs about such serious subjects?
V: You could say most of them, I do have a few songs from nights after parties, and the regrets you have in the mornings and break ups. I do try and do some fun songs, like ‘’Paint the Town’’ and ‘’Shake the House’’. However usually I just write about things that motivate me though.
H: Do you have to be motivated to write a song?
V: Yeah, I can’t just sit down and force myself to write a song, I’ll even get motivated to write a song by ‘’catchy’’ words or a few sounds I hear together.
H: That’s incredible. That must be why our readers our so inspired by your songs, because they can relate to them.
V: That would mean a lot, I love when I get emotionally attached to a song because I can relate to it. So if people are connecting to my songs that means a lot.
H: Do your fans mean a lot to you?
V: Oh yes! Defiantly! I don’t know where I’d be without them. They've help me grow to become the singer I know am, if not for them I’d still be stuck singing in clubs and bars. I love my fans so much.
H: I’m sure they’d love to hear that! Have your family always supported you through your music?
V: My mum always has, she was the one to buy my first guitar and pay for my guitar lessons. We use to play concert, sad I know, but she would line up rows of teddy bears, or when my family was round she’d get them all to sit around me whilst I played my guitar and sang for them. My dad died when I was young so he never got to see me play guitar, but apparently when I would visit him in hospital I use to sing for him and all the nurses would watch as well.
H: Oh I’m sorry to hear about your dad.
V: It’s fine he died when I was five so I don’t really know any different, I cherish all the memories and pictures I have of him.
H: That’s sweet, so are you close with your mum?
V: Yes! She’s my best friend! It’s always just been us two, so we mean everything to each other, she’s at every gig and concert of mine. With me at the studio, she loves supporting me throughout everything. I don’t know what I’d actually do without her.
H: That’s lovely. Well thank you for coming, and keep us updated with how your album goes.
V: Of course I will thank you for having me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment