Monday 17 March 2014

Magazine Ethos

The ethos that I have decided to use for my magazine is to present the magazine love for music, and show how serious they are towards music, whilst showing the fun side as well. To appeal to my target audience and to fit the genre Indie/Rock I will include upcoming concerts, gigs and festivals. I will also include interviews, top charts, gig guides, new upcoming bands, and much more to attract my target audience. I will make sure that not only is my magazine visually attracting by using a variety of images, but I will also include text to suitable for my target audience who prefer to read more about the information, rather than look at lots of images that don't explain the story. I plan to make my magazine suitable for a variety of different ages, and for both genders; I will do this by using articles, interviews, images, and more that will appeal to both genders and all ages.
The language used to fill my magazine will be English in its most known form, as my magazine will be read by a variety of different ages. So it isn't appropriate for me to include 'slang', and words/phrases that are more commonly known to one generation. I will make sure the text is diverse in the fact that it suits all ages, and can be read and understood by both genders and from ages 16+. I won't include swearing in my magazine, as even though swearing isn't seen as such of offense anymore, I wouldn't want to upset any of my readers; so I will keep the language friendly and suitable for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment