Friday 28 March 2014

Magazine Masthead Font Ideas

I decided to start researching different font designs for my magazine. I used the website 'FontSpace' as they have a large variety of different font styles, designs and allows me the ability to change the colour of the font and background. I decided to change my masthead name as the previous name I had 'PARANOIA' suited the rock genre more than my new genre Indie/Rock. So I've changed the name to 'INK' as this represents my chosen genre more and my target audience after receiving my feedback from the questionnaires also decided 'INK' was the best name.

I decided that a bold font would work best with my magazine, as it would grab the readers attention, and would be noticeable, and easy to spot on a shelf full of other magazines. I also think a bold font will work better with my chosen genre, as its bold and captivating.

'Gist Rough Upr Exboid Two Demo'
I like how this font is different because of the faded black and white tones on the letters and the white line that runs through the middle of the letters. However I feel this font wouldn't work for my chosen genre, and I don't feel it is bold enough to grab my target audiences attention. 

'High School USA'
This is my favourite font out of the three I have chosen; I feel this one is bold enough to grab my target audiences attention, and to stand out compared to other magazines. I also feel that this font fits with my chosen genre, its bold and easy to read. Where the font is bold and large it will attract the readers attention. This will be my masthead font; as I feel it works best for my magazine and the chosen genre. 

'American Captain'
I like this font because of how bold and captivating it is, but I feel it doesn't stand out enough. The text is slightly pixelated and the letters seem very pain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment