Monday 7 April 2014

Construction of Double Page Spread

Firstly I started by selecting a image to use for my double page spread. I then went onto the online picture editing website 'PicMonkey' and auto adjusted the exposure of the image. 

Then like my image for my front cover I used the filter 'CrossProcess' in blue. I used this filter again as I felt using the same filter will show continuity throughout my magazine. 

I used my draft to help me use shapes to layout where I was going to places things, this is going to help me with the layout and design once I add more text.

I have started to add text to my double page spread. I have added the same title of my artist as the front cover, to show continuity throughout my magazine. I also added a subtitle with the quote 'Music Takeover', just like the quote on the front cover. I have also added the introductory paragraph to the interview. 

I then have added the rest of the interview text; I decided against adding pull quotes in between the articles of my interview, as I felt it would make it look too messy, and I wanted to stick with the modern sleek style. However I did add a pull quote on the other page next to the artists image.

This is the final outcome of my double page spread. I have kept it quite simple, to allow the reader to focus mainly on the interview itself. I have also laid it out in this style to represent a modern, sleek style. I am happy with the outcome so far; I will gather audience feedback to see my audiences opinion on it. I will change or add things accordingly to please my target audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment