Monday 7 April 2014

Construction of Magazine Front Cover

Firstly I added my chosen image onto my front page, and rotated the image so I could fit more text onto the page later on. I also added the masthead onto the page, after I used AdobePhotoShop to edit out the background, so the text itself was only visible. 

However after this I noticed that I hadn't edited my main image yet, so I used PicMonkey to do so. I firstly auto adjusted the exposure of the image, then fixed the colour of it.

I then added a filter called 'CrossProcess' to my main image, I chose the blue colour setting for this filter as it complemented the model well, and brought out the models red lips, and eyes more. 

After re-adding the edited image onto the front page, and moving it into the appropriate place. I then started adding shapes to help me know what needed to be added and where; I did this by using my front cover draft. I also added in the bar code, I placed it on it's side so its allows more text to be used, and music magazines place bar codes on the side to allow more space, so I also did this to make my magazine seem more realistic. 

This is the final version of me adding shapes to allow myself to know where to add certain magazine conventions. I have only used one image on my magazine front cover, and will keep only one on there as I feel it gives a sleeker, neater and more modern effect. I have also seen this style on NME Magazine, Dazed and Confused Magazine, and CLASH Magazine; I felt that if I wanted to stick with my chosen genre and make my magazine as realistic as possible adding only one image on the front cover was a good way to do so. 

I have now added my artists name 'Alexa M' in the font I chose from 'FontSpace'. I have also added the skyline, with the quote 'The UK's Biggest Music Magazine' as I felt this would bring my target audience to read my magazine more. 

I have now added my magazines slogan 'Let the Music Speak'. I felt this was a appropriate slogan for my magazine as it will appeal to my target audience, and shows that my magazine is about music, and how its represented.  I also added a puff, I've done this to make my magazine as appealing and as realistic as possible. 

I've started to add sell lines to my front cover, to make sure there are no blank spaces; I have also done this to show the content that will be included inside the magazine. I also have put a scan code onto my front cover; I felt this was a good way to show that the magazine I have created is a modern magazine. I also felt that by adding a scan code it will attract the younger audience, as this is a very recent piece of technology. I realised I have spelled a few things wrong, however I have gone through and corrected them.

This is my first final outcome of my front cover. I am happy with the result so far, as I don't have blank spaces, and it suits my chosen genre. I will be gathering feedback from my target audience, to see if they have any opinions on what I should change or add. 




No comments:

Post a Comment