Monday 7 April 2014

Construction of Magazine Contents Page

Firstly I decided to layout what I wanted to include on the page and where, by using boxes; I used different coloured boxes so I know that each box is for a different thing. I also added the masthead from my front cover, to show continuity and to seem as realistic as possible, as other magazines like NME put the masthead on the contents page. 

I have started to add text to my contents page; I decide to start by adding a skyline, including the masthead, contents title, issue number, month edition and the magazines website. I'd seen this design/layout on a NME contents pages and I thought it was a very sleek, modern and practical way to include all of this information. 

I then added the main image for this page, which is an image of a concert/gig. I thought this image would work well for the contents page as it will appeal to my target audience, and fits int with one of the sell lines on the front cover '2014 hottest festival dates'. I've also started to add text to the page, including anchorage text for the main image, which states what article it is for and what page. 

Then I added the article names with the page number under the appropriate subtitle; this will help the readers find the article they are interested in faster and more efficiently. I used the colour scheme from the front cover, to keep a theme of continuity, and to make the text stand out to grab the audiences attention.  I decided I wasn't going to include the band index, as I felt it would make the page look crowded and that wouldn't match the rest of my magazines layout. 

This is my first final outcome of my contents page. I've added to the bottom of the page an editors note; I've done this to make my work as realistic as possible, and to engage with my target audience. I have kept the design simple, to make it neat, easily readable and to keep with the sleek/modern theme throughout the rest of my magazine. I will be gathering audience feedback on my contents page to find out if there is anything my target audience want differently. 



No comments:

Post a Comment